Pedestrian Accident Attorney
PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY: is a skilled personal injury lawyer. Injury Law San Diego is a law firm focused on pedestrian injuries. If you were hit by a car or a truck get represented by a qualified pedestrian accident attorney today! Experienced accident attorneys in San Diego, Call Now!
We first explain the various options injured pedestrians may have for financial compensation after an accident. Then, we discuss how a pedestrian establishes negligence in a personal injury lawsuit, the timeline for such a lawsuit, and how an injured pedestrian can manage his or her medical bills during as a lawsuit proceeds in court. There are five elements of a standard negligence claim. In order to win a pedestrian accident lawsuit based on negligence, you’ll need to prove the existence of the following elements by a preponderance of the evidence.
The 5 elements:
- Duty - The defendant must be obligated by law to act in a certain way toward the injured pedestrian.
- Breach of duty - The defendant must have breached that duty, meaning that he or she failed to act with the required level of care.
- Cause-in-fact - The injured pedestrian must prove that the driver actually caused his or her injury.
- Proximate cause - The driver in a pedestrian accident case will only be responsible (or “liable”) for the harms that were foreseeable as a result of his or her actions.
- Damages - The injured pedestrian must show that the accident caused him or her to suffer legally recognized harm, typically in the form of bodily injury, financial losses, or damage to his or her property.
California has special rules and procedures for injury claims. It is important to know about these rules and follow them carefully. Work with a skilled and talented injury attorney now.
Distracted driving has become an epidemic in California, but it is not the only cause of pedestrian crashes. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have an extensive background in complex personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from pedestrian accidents.
We handle a variety of pedestrian accident claims including:
- Pedestrian accidents due to distracted driving
- Pedestrian accidents due to malfunctioning road signals and signage
- Pedestrian accidents involving drunk drivers
- Pedestrian accidents involving buses
- Pedestrian accidents involving trains
- Pedestrian accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Pedestrian accidents involving motorcycles
- Pedestrian accidents involving commercial trucks
- Pedestrian accidents resulting in spinal cord or brain injuries
Getting fair treatment and compensation after a pedestrian accident is anything but simple. The insurance has intentionally made this process difficult with one clear priority – to pay you as little as possible.
You need someone in your corner with a proven track record going up against insurance companies. You and your family deserve nothing short of real justice. The evidence needed to prove liability will depend on the specific cause of your accident. Depending on the facts of your case, you may have grounds for a claim against the driver who hit you, the company that employs the driver who hit you, a government entity, or another party.
Steps to take after your accident:
- Call the police, and make sure an officer creates an accident report
- Take photos of your injuries, the accident scene, property damage, the weather conditions, the road conditions, and the vehicle that hit you
- For your records, take pictures of the at-fault driver’s license, insurance card, and license plate
- Record the phone numbers and names of eyewitnesses
- Visit a doctor for an immediate medical evaluation
- Tell your doctor about every part of your body that feels pain
- Follow your doctor’s treatment instructions, and do not miss any subsequent doctor’s appointments
- Keep a journal about your injuries and the recovery process
- Do not speak to the insurance adjuster or accept a settlement offer until you have spoken to a lawyer
- Stay off of social media
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney right away to discuss your case
The injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents can be catastrophic, and the cost of medical care and lost income can be exorbitant. To reduce their liability, the insurance company or defendant may try to coerce you into providing a recorded statement that can be used to dispute liability or your damages. They might review your social media profiles for posts that can be used against you. Also, important evidence that could be used to prove your claim, such as surveillance footage, might be erased.
A damage award should cover your current and future financial losses, including:
- Past and Future Wages Lost
- Medical Care
- Property loss
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
Our attorneys have extensive experience handling these insurance dispute cases and are well-equipped to handle the tactics used by insurance companies to avoid honoring valid claims. We accept Pedestrian Accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that there will be no cost to you, unless we recover. Our pedestrian injury attorneys will aggressively fight for you until justice is served, whether it is through a settlement or a trial. Let us help you and your loved ones get through this difficult time. Our dedicated and caring team of San Diego Pedestrian Accident Attorneys will be available to you 24/7.
Evaluating your case
Evaluating a pedestrian accident claim can be difficult and you should never pursue a claim without legal representation. Once you seek medical attention, the next step is to contact an excellent Pedestrian Accident injury lawyer like Richard Morse. He can evaluate your case and provide you with the legal representation you need to pursue a claim.